Fishing methods facts.
Although there are many methods of catching fish, they fall into three main groups:
- Catching fish singly or in schools by use of nets.
2. Trapping fish in stationary gear, such as fish traps or
3.Attracting fish to get caught on hooks by use of bait,
artificial lures or others means such as light.
Before you go fishing you must decide method that you want to use. There many factors to consider - especially if you are a commercial fisher. Factors include:
- Where you are fishing.
- What species you are fishing for.
- The weather and sea condition.
- The cost of the boat, gear and fuel.
- The market requirements.