Hunting the hunter by Mary Sutherland Facts about Spider
This article is about spiders.
- Not all spiders catch their food in webs of sticky silk.
- Some hunt for their food, stalking and pouncing on their prey, just like a cat.
- Many hunting spiders are night - shift workers.
- The best time to find a hunting spider is after dark
- Here are the equipment you will need to capture a hunting spider,a torch, and a friend.
- A hunting spider has eight eyes and six work like mirrors.
- Most spiders are active at night time.
- It helps them avoid being eaten by birds.
- If you shine a light in a straight line at the spider it will reflect back in a straight line.
- It is very likely to be a wolf spider in your garden.